Company Showcase: DMS
A successful wellness program is one that goes beyond tracking activity, to making wellness a part of the workplace atmosphere. The Champions at DMS, a company based in Cayman Islands, share how the Colonial Wellness Program fits into their organization.
How has the culture in your office changed since launching the Virgin Pulse Program?
Employees appear to be happier and more productive. Additionally, absenteeism and health care costs are lowered.
What types of opportunities do you present to staff to earn HealthMiles?
In-house weekly challenges and daily challenges via Virgin Pulse.
In addition to the Virgin Pulse Program, how have you incorporated health and wellness into your office?
- Get moving: instead of having meetings in boardrooms, we encourage staff to take walks
- Keep the kitchen junk food free
- Encourage staff to share wellness goals
- We have an employee assistance program free of charge. We are pleased to announce that we will be offering a variety of professional services for employees and their families. Whether directly related to your employment or not, an employee’s physical and mental health and overall well-being are important to workplace performance.
- Our mission is to make the pursuit of health and wellness a priority for all employees.
Is there any other information you would like to share about your experience with the Colonial Wellness Program?
Thus far we have had an amazing experience with the program and we are eager to see what’s in store for the coming years.