Go Green with Zest!
Each month, our partner, Virgin Pulse, rewards members for committing to healthy behavior. This month's Healthy Habit Challenge coincides with Earth Day. It is a reminder to protect the Earth by avoiding disposable plastics, such as shopping bags and water bottles.
Plastic is a non-biodegradable material, which most of us do not recycle. 50 percent of the plastic we use is thrown away. Make a difference by avoiding disposable plastics all together during the week of April 17-23. Track the Healthy Habit "Go Green" from the Contribute to my Community thrive area throughout the week of April 17-23. You will earn an extra 200 points for tracking 5 of 7 days.
Don't forget to celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd. There are many simple ways to contribute, even at work:
- Share the road. Take public transportation or carpool with a friend.
- Think reusable. Bring your own thermos to the coffee shop on the way in to the office, and pack your lunch in glass containers.
- Use less paper. Use email to share documents, and if you must print, use both sides.
- Find your green thumb. Bring a small plant to liven up your desk.
- Take the stairs. Get a bit of exercise while saving some of the electricity required to power the elevator.
- Power down. Shut down your computer when you're away from your desk, and don't forget to unplug your charger.