Seared Chicken with Lemon Herb Cream Sauce
This recipe uses fresh herbs that can be grown in your own garden. Serve with a simple tossed salad for an easy weeknight dinner that tastes like Spring!
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 8-oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once or twice, until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- Whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, yogurt, lemon (or zest), oregano, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the chicken with the sauce.
- Serves 4
- 25 minutes total, 10 minutes active
- 202 Calories per serving
Visit Zipongo via the Virgin Pulse Nutrition Guide for more easy-to-make recipes that are good for you too.