No-Cook Dinners to Beat the Heat
Too hot outside to heat up the oven or fire up the grill? Instead of ordering take-away, try a refreshing no-cook dinner. Zipongo has countless recipes to keep you cool in the "No-Cook Recipes" section. Access Zipongo through your Virgin Pulse Nutrition Guide. You'll receive points for browsing healthy recipes and selecting your favorites.
Get started with this Smoky Artichoke-Sardine Salad, and track it in your Nutrition Guide to earn even more!
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika, (see Note)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 2 oz canned sardines
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Place oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a blender or a jar with a tight-fitting lid; blend or shake until well combined.
- Place greens in an individual salad bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. (Refrigerate the remaining dressing.) Top the greens with artichoke hearts, sardines and onion.